Friday, November 8, 2019

When I'm Not Crying, I'm Laughing

Reflecting this cold Friday morning at Local Coffee at the Pearl: Cold front last night, rain. Much whiskey. A good night. Life is so weird. Such a bizarre mix of beauty, togetherness and aloneness. Duke Jordan channeling Vince Guaraldi, rain, darkness, a few chuckles here and there. Thinking of someone like Schulz. What a wonderful artist, genius really. And yet so tormented. The real trick in life, once we acknowledge that we are machines that receive and take in impressions, is to be present and grateful for everything. To hold each small act that comes your way lovingly in gentle, open hands; accept it, then release it. To savor and to let go, keeping back for ourselves whatever is beneficial to our being. In this life we must learn to savor and let go; each moment, a gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment

January: Pausing and Giving Thanks

Today I pause for a moment to remember to be grateful, and give thanks for my body, my being, my loved ones. Too often I seem to be so busy ...