Friday, December 28, 2018

As 2018 Comes to a Close

Reading back through my journal this morning (and thereafter through this blog to the very beginning) I note that I have been blogging/writing online for 20 years now; some of the earliest scraps, poetry/fragments go back even further... to the early 90s and even as far back as 1983 and "Burwood"... One thing that strikes me very powerfully is the continuity in terms of the spiritual content of these writings and the connection to the Work or the Great Wisdom tradition that forms the basis of all religion. My inner life has deepened and is ever-maturing as I near 60. The past two years have been insightful and meaningful. And yet, I am still "just a beginner" when it comes to the business of awakening. To some extent a foundation has at least been laid for this structure still needing to be built. But a foundation there is, to be sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

January: Pausing and Giving Thanks

Today I pause for a moment to remember to be grateful, and give thanks for my body, my being, my loved ones. Too often I seem to be so busy ...