Monday, August 3, 2009

Beginning Again

Worked with Isaac last night teaching him his first song (Green Day); afterwards I sat on the back patio with the acoustic and tuned it from "drop D" to NST and started playing some of my oldest pieces... "moon", "star" and "burwwood" (originally for piano). It brought me great joy, these simple, innocent pieces. I felt a great peace wash over me and a return to my-self. A purity. After a summer of struggling musically I discovered that music had never left, but was waiting for me all along, quietly, patiently... for me to simply be still... and begin again...

No comments:

Post a Comment

January: Pausing and Giving Thanks

Today I pause for a moment to remember to be grateful, and give thanks for my body, my being, my loved ones. Too often I seem to be so busy ...