Monday, January 26, 2009

Sunday Night at Brave New Studio

Its amazing how good the Lovecaster now sounds with a fresh set of strings (and running through the Behringer Bass V-amp!!) A patch I dialed-in last night just killed me and I tracked it on the "hindu" song to wonderful effect, if I could only mix it properly. No worries. These are only explorations of a sonic quality, but I am so much closer to achieving a listenable take I can almost taste it. This project was a bit overly ambitious; from henceforward I need to pace myself and not lay on too many tracks/effects that bog down the Magix program. Ah, but the thrill of hearing all those mulit-tracked ostinatto guitars!

Tonight I hope to try Will's suggested "stereo" mix with hard pans and perhaps figure out how to save settings.

And most importantly work on Joey's diorama from school!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

January: Pausing and Giving Thanks

Today I pause for a moment to remember to be grateful, and give thanks for my body, my being, my loved ones. Too often I seem to be so busy ...