Mixing

Inspired by Will's recent work in the studio, last night I revisited the (eight or nine) tracks that comprise the "Burwood" tune, in an attempt to smooth out some of the piano track hiss. When I orginally recorded the parts, I never even attempted to mix it since I knew I was flying it straight over to Will's machine. Here I finally took the whole tune apart, track by track, e.q.ing each part individually and trying some fades and pans.

I have to report that I am very happy with the first mix, which I've sent over to Will as a complete WAV. Hoping its better than what it was before; in any event, there may be one additional new part I want to try on the piece invloving the "new year new loop piece", just to see how it sounds as a possible fade-out...

Comments

Popular Posts