Saturday, February 14, 2015

Wonderful zen afternoon re-reading sections from William Segal's "A Voice at the Borders of Silence"; references to Vaysse, Paul Reps,Soen Nakagawa and, of course Madame de Salzmann and Dr. de Salzmann, as well as James George. Such a rich inter-mingling of interesting ideas, peoples, currents and seeking! I've pulled down my ancient paperback copy of Paul Reps "Zen Flesh, Zen Bones" from my bookshelf (so old it doesn't even have any copywrite or publishing info in it!!) and Soen Nakagawa's "Endless Vow". Zen and the Work are very different in many ways, but there are also many similarities. In the taste, touch and feel of things, however, no difference. Mind makes distinctions. Life does not.

All is One in God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

January: Pausing and Giving Thanks

Today I pause for a moment to remember to be grateful, and give thanks for my body, my being, my loved ones. Too often I seem to be so busy ...