Sunday, February 8, 2015

habitual grace

Nice weekend revisiting the Gilliam Section CD on the Habitual Grace bandcamp (https://habitualgrace.bandcamp.com/album/the-gilliam-section); shared my story on the Promotion with Integrity Facebook group and got some nice feedback and the following note from Beth, the moderator: "thank you for giving us a link to your work! I like that I can listen to any track on the CD. They are quite quite beautiful. I wonder if this is how the Group can be useful to you--helping you return to promoting this "smarter not harder" (and without vomiting, per our mission statement)? Or is there new work emerging?" Also we sold a copy (thank you, Barbara June!)! Listening to this music, in particular Luna's Jacal, Om Shanti Om, and Secret Sacred certainly make me want to make more with Will in this vein. I would love to do a "spiritual" music for yoga and prayer type CD, even partner with David Nichtern on some promoting ideas for a broader distribution. As usual, this comes out of far left field for Will given our current trajectory to play power pop stuff, but that is why Johnny remains an enigma.

No comments:

Post a Comment

January: Pausing and Giving Thanks

Today I pause for a moment to remember to be grateful, and give thanks for my body, my being, my loved ones. Too often I seem to be so busy ...