My friends contribute such joy in my world: from Markus providing me with alternate NST stick tunings from his sick-bed to able assistance from Will Willard in helping me re-tune and mend a broken string on the Stick. Last night worked at stick craft and versions of Indiscipline, Lost in the Valley and Landscape for stick.
Also sage advice, humor and wisdom from Dan Garcia on music, playing and the doing of what makes one happy as a way to get to heaven.
Finally, today is Gary Davenport's birthday. We've been friends for 31 years. I owe him so much for getting me into the San Antonio underground music scene all those years ago and pointing me towards the method I still employ in the practice of becoming present.
Sunday, January 20, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
January: Pausing and Giving Thanks
Today I pause for a moment to remember to be grateful, and give thanks for my body, my being, my loved ones. Too often I seem to be so busy ...
-
Some odd "coming to terms with reality" moments are gradually forming, taking hold in my being this week. The odd sensation of let...
-
Had a fair amount of fun mixing and mashing tunes last night (it was very hit-and-run as time was tight); still one more trick I want to try...
-
Reflecting this cold Friday morning at Local Coffee at the Pearl: Cold front last night, rain. Much whiskey. A good night. Life is so weird...
No comments:
Post a Comment